Friday, May 16, 2008

Random Stuff and Information for ya!

Hellllooooo!
Gosh, its been a couple weeks since Ive posted! Busy Busy! But busy is GOOD!

Wanted to touch on a few things...this is pretty random, but hey....we all have random days uh!

So...first....I wanted to thank you all for visiting the Kelly Eye Center blog! Its great to know that you find it interesting enough to visit....some business blogs can be quite boring, but I hope thats not the case...I try to pep it up as much as possible! HAHAH! Also, thanks for your comments! I havent gotten many, but the few I have gotten are much appreciated! NOTE: If you want to respond anonymously, thats cool...but Id like to be able to communicate with you if there is a concern you may have, etc....so email or call me if you have any questions, etc that you may state in your post...Ill be glad to talk with ya!

Id also like to respond to one comment left by an anonymous poster on the ICL entry....

The comment: Sounds great !! [but then, why didn't I get this result?] I went from no glasses (prior to the procedures) to having to wear glasses after the procedures.

My rebuttal:

1) In order to have ICL surgery, you must have the need for glasses/contacts...ICL generally treats nearsightedness.
2) POST surgery---there is a possibility that if you are over 40, you may have the need for reading glasses...LASIK nor ICL stops the hands of time...as we age, our eyes change.
3) One may have astigmatism....this can be treated POST ICL with a quick laser procedure...the ICL doest NOT correct astigmatism, but we can correct it after or at the time of surgery.
Quick note on that---there is a new ICL coming our way called the TORIC ICL that does correct astigmatism....stay tuned :)

Please send me any questions you may have about this...Im happy to help!

Oh!!! I almost forgot! Speaking of the ICL...we have added a video from The Today Show about ICL surgery! Its on our website...go here http://www.kellyeyecenter.com/implantable_contact_lens.php. The segment is great b/c it shows an actual ICL surgery!!! Its a little graphic, but very informative!

On another note.....Please be sure to visit our Health Connections segment on NBC17.com. You can access it via our website http://www.kellyeyecenter.com/ or at http://www.nbc17.com/. There is a great informational video about our practice and services....its pretty cool! Oh...Im in the video too...Jamie Zinn, Patient Coordinator of course...check it out so you can put a face with my fun blogs :) :)

Hmm....lets see...I think that is it for my random blog today! I hope you all have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!

See you soon!
Jamie

No comments: